IT Project Manager
*EDIT* We have now filled this position.
We are a creative, ambitious, tight-knit tech business, where team members are given real responsibility and a chance to make a difference. A difference not just for the company, but for the many charitable and voluntary sector clients they work with.The Opportunity
An ideal position for an experienced Project Manager or someone looking to take a step forward in their project management career path.
You would be responsible for managing the larger, more complex IT projects, which often include managing the software development cycle and rolling out self-service kiosks to clients. Your key contribution will be to maximise profitability on your projects, while ensuring our high standards of quality and customer service are met.
Recent projects have included:
- Rollout of self-service kiosks to 20 different libraries in the south of England
- Deployment of new website for file tracking to an NHS client
- Development of middleware for peripheral management on Android kiosks for a global airline
- Creation of a new front-end application for a national supermarket chain
- Project Management
- Assisting the Commercial Director in gathering customer requirements and communicating these to software developers (both internal & external).
- Organising and facilitating technical discussions with third-party tech teams.
- Overseeing software deployment, to ensure it happens accurately and on time.
- Creating and maintaining requirements documentation and project plans.
- Product Ownership (within the SCRUM project management methodology)
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure requirements are specified for backlog items.
- Liaise with technical team to ensure requirements are satisfactory and understood before backlog items are ready to start.
- Interface between the team and the stakeholders to ensure requirements are collected sufficiently ahead of time to enable stories to be well defined, prioritised and ready to start ahead of sprint start dates.
The Person we are looking for
- Able to understand customer requirements and to ask the right questions when they don’t provide them
- Able to accurately communicate project requirements to the development team
- Able to explain complex information clearly and concisely
- Able to ensure that tasks are completed accurately and on time
- Able to manage conflicting requirements and prioritise effectively
- Able to handle situations when software doesn’t work (both GWD software and third-party software)
- Able to gracefully handle issues to ensure a satisfactory outcome for customers
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA)
- Experience with SCRUM project management methodology
- Proficient with Microsoft Project or other Gantt chart tool
You'll be rewarded with
- A starting salary of £24,000 - £28,000
- Statutory pension contributions
- A generous holiday allowance (39 days, including bank holidays)
- A long Christmas break
- Flexible hours and optional remote working
- Adjustable height desks
Email Ben@gwd.team with your CV and a covering letter.
Helping organisations transition to digital systems
Get in touch to ask us how GWD can help improve your organisation with purposeful products and services.
Topics from this blog: Fundraising Donation Station Digital Fundraising Recruitment